One of the best things about working at Marrow is having the opportunity to meet with future brides who are looking for unique and one of a kind engagement rings. Our Marrow babes are always on top of the latest trends, and we love designing for them! Here’s our roundup of the hottest engagement ring trends for 2018.
1. Colored stones. This trend has been picking up steam for a couple years, and it’s not going anywhere! We are currently obsessing over Oregon Sunstones with all their beautiful copper flecks, also known as schiller.
2. Black diamonds. While we’re on the topic of colored stones, why not go for the darkest of them all? Black diamonds are incredibly beautiful and always unexpected.
3. Stack ‘em up high. If you love the traditional look of a diamond, but still want a piece that feels unique, incorporate interesting shapes with diamond stackers. Our motto is more is more!
4. Ballerina rings with a twist. We love the classic art deco feel of these rings, but incorporate new colors to freshen up the look for 2018.
5. Sentimental stones. We have seen so many brides turn to stones with sentimental value. We love taking heirloom jewels and reimagining them into modern designs.
6. Understated pieces. While we are obsessed with all things that sparkle, we also love the look of our cigar band paired with a teeny tiny gold band for an understated combo.
7. Three stone rings. Blame it on the royals, but three stone rings are sure to be huge this year. We are partial to our classic trillion ring with diamonds around the band.
8. Padparadscha sapphires. We owe this one to the royals as well. Padparadscha sapphires are some of the rarest sapphires and have red, yellow, and pink tones.
9. Galaxy diamonds. Galaxy diamonds contain carbon that has not crystallized, and therefore appear grey or charcoal. We love how edgy engagement rings with these stones can look!
10. East/West settings. When you love a diamond, but want to change it up, consider turning your setting East/West. We just can’t get enough of this custom emerald cut diamond stunner!